Did you attend Catholic school? While some of the things below are silly, some are nostalgic, and some are spiritual, they are all part of what makes Catholic schools a truly unique community! What would you add to this list?
- The reason God made you – “God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in heaven.” – Baltimore Catechism
- Tucking in your shirt and keeping it tucked in no matter the occasion or activity
- Getting your throat blessed on the Feast of St. Blaise
- Basic Catholic Prayers – Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be
- The stress and anxiety of choosing the perfect Confirmation Name
- One or more of your favorite Church songs by heart
- The 10 Commandments
- An extra verse of the Happy Birthday Song – “May the Dear Lord bless you…”
- Fundraisers and the *Awesome* Prizes – Magazines, Easter Candy, Candles, etc.
- Singing Christmas Carols at a Nursing Home and making Christmas Cards for the Military
- When to sit, stand, and kneel during Mass
- Asking someone how your ashes look
- Keeping room for the Holy Spirit at your first dance
- Making the Sign of the Cross when you hear a siren
- The love and mercy only Jesus can give
Catholic education is truly a gift for those who have received it. What can you do to support your local Catholic school?